For 23 years St Kentigern Hospice has provided specialist palliative care for the people of North Wales. We have cared for thousands of people with life-limiting illnesses and provided support for their families and friends.
Our building has served us well, however it now requires to be significantly upgraded in order to offer the best possible care tor the next 23 years and beyond. We want to provide our patients with an environment that matches our excellent standard of care.
Our Care Appeal aims to raise £3 million to extend, reconfigure and refurbish our Hospice building to make it fit for the future and to meet the needs of our patients, their carers, their families and to comply with current legislation.
We have been successful in securing £2.5million. This has enabled us to schedule the start of the expansion of the current site. This will allow the hospice team to care for 50% more people from your community for many years to come in the future. This project will make a transformational change to St Kentigern Hospice and palliative care in North Wales.
- Increase capacity for both inpatient care and day therapy services
- Offer increased comfort
- Rooms will have space for loved ones to visit and experience the comforts of home
- All rooms will have more natural light and better access to outside garden areas
- Create a separate patient entrance allowing patients to be admitted onto the ward in privacy, and visitors to come and go discreetly.
- Create a community café which will offer a relaxing ambiance for visitors, relatives and the hospice team.
We are still busy fundraising for an additional £500,000 to cover the cost of specialist equipment and interior decoration of this new hospice to create a new state of the art clinical environment and a home from home for future patients and families.
We would like invite the community help us achieve our fundraising target. For as little as £10 you could be part of this huge development and help to create a lasting legacy of hospice care; making a difference to the care available to people in your local area at St Kentigern Hospice. In exchange for your donation you will receive a commemorative badge to wear with pride.
Download a donation form here