Family Support Services
The Family Support Service at St Kentigern Hospice provides emotional and psychological support for those affected by or bereaved through a life limiting illness. This is accessible for those with relatives receiving clinical care at St Kentigern Hospice only.
During these difficult times Patients and their relatives may find support helpful in dealing with:
- The shock of diagnosis
- Feelings of isolation after treatment
- Feelings of uncertainty while in remission
- Own and other people’s expectations about getting back to normal
- The losses which illness brings
- Coming to terms with progressive illness
- Helping children to understand terminal illness
We offer comprehensive bereavement support service for all ages to accommodate individual needs. Informal support is available by telephone or face to face in the hospice. This can be especially helpful for those who are experiencing delayed or complicated grief.
What We Offer
Pre Bereavement support for the patient, their family and friends
Post Bereavement support including –
- One to one counselling and family therapy, booked by appointment.
- A bereavement drop in service: a person can literally ‘drop-in’ at any time during the service. It is each week on Thursday afternoon for ‘SHARE’ from 3.00pm. (Open to all) at our Bowen Court site on St Asaph Business park
Our Tea at Three service is open to all, however one to one counselling for adults and children is specifically for those bereaved of someone who has been a patient at the hospice. For more information contact the hospice on 01745 774923
Former Family support work Ann Atkin published a book ‘Everything’s Changing’ in 2015. This is a workbook specifically designed for Young people who are bereaved and dealing with grief. For more information on the book visit the website This is now also available through the medium of welsh.
Our Social Worker, Vita Zilite is able to help with care packages, benefits and practical problems. If you would like more information about the Social care side of the Hospice please email Vita on email@example.com